1. No, sorry, that was my last piece of gum.
2. No, I did call you back. It went straight to voicemail though.
3. Anything followed by the comment... well that's weird! (Stuck in a tricky spot where the truth will make you callous, rude, unlikable or just plain in trouble? Give a really crappy explanation and make up for the unbelievability by deeming it 'weird')
4. I'm so tired I don't even know what I'm saying.
5. Sorry, I'm just really bad with names (I use this one ALL the time... I have an excellent memory... for memorable people... that's just me being honest. Is that rude? Sorry, I'm just like, really tired.)
7. Anyone who coughs before they leave a room. Particularly a classroom. (An active, walking lie.)
8. I don't mean to be rude (this is always preceded by something rude... usually intentional... double lie.)
So you keep lying, I'll keep nodding (or vice versa), and we'll both live in a consensual world of blissful deceit.