Sunday, May 31, 2009

House Centipede in my House


Came home to this little monster waiting for us in our apartment tonight. It was a little more horrifying than owning a hamster and a little less horrifying than the time I woke up with a millipede carcass draped in between my ring and middle finger (but very much the same kind of horrifying.)

At first we were intrigued, then it moved. We (my roommates and I) screamed like ethnic mourners and killed it with an oblong bike lock: something that may have been more logically used on a human intruder. It took several blows. And a lot of emotion.

Just when I think I'm a rational, self-respecting adult, nature gives me 100 wriggling, screaming reasons why I am anything but.

3 comments:

Livi said...

eew. you guys are brave.

UsdailyReader said...

that was THE nastiest/scariest/biggest/leggyest think i have Ever seen.

and i'm not being dramatic. not at all.

maggie, you are very brave. and thanks for taking care of the thing! i owe you.

Kristine said...

that was THE nastiest/scariest/biggest/leggyest think i have Ever seen.

and i'm not being dramatic. not at all.

maggie, you are very brave. and thanks for taking care of the thing! i owe you.

Contributors